To bring Gospel-driven hope and transformation to the city of Chicago, including the reconciliation of families, that proclaims freedom to those bound by sin and healing for the broken-hearted to those in Cook County Jail and equips them in their God-give calling, including their role in the local church.
- Proclaim the transformative message of Christ crucified, resurrected, and returning to all we encounter in CCJ
- Nurture believers in CCJ in their God-given calling to cultivate an intimate relationship with God the Father
through Scripture, prayer and worship, and to go on to serve in the local church in prison and/or the outside
- Come alongside the local church in serving staff and individuals in CCJ and their families, including receiving them upon their release
Behind the Wall
Ministry in Cook County Jail
In CCJ, we both evangelize and disciple.
This looks like:
- Four weekly services in three divisions (two for men/two for women)
- Women’s Chaplaincy on the women’s floor, housing roughly 300 women, with one-on-one meetings
- Weekly Bible distributions
- Average 85 men/women served each week via Bible studies, church services, and discipleship touch points